You can check your iPhone’s battery health after replacement without activating it by utilizing a third-party app. As an alternative, you can use iOS built-in features. For this, quickly turn on your iPhone, go to Settings > Battery, and check the metrics related to Battery Health. After that, remove the SIM card without influencing the battery data.
Why Is Checking iPhone Battery Health Without Activating It Important?
Before we delve into the methods, let’s understand why checking your iPhone battery’s health without activating the device is important. This thing can be particularly useful for the following aspects:
When To Replace Your Battery
If the condition of your battery has substantially declined, it may be time for a replacement. You can decide whether it would be worthwhile to purchase a new battery in order to increase longevity by looking at this metric.
Keeping an eye on the condition of your battery guarantees optimal performance from your iPhone. Performance problems may arise from a degraded battery, so being proactive enables you to resolve possible issues.
Preventing Unexpected Shutdowns
Unexpected shutdowns can occur from a declining battery, particularly when performing heavy tasks. So, monitoring the condition of your battery enables you to take preventative action and avoid unpleasant surprises.
Here Are The Methods!
Utilizing iOS Built-in Features
- Power On And Skip Setup Steps: To begin, power on your iPhone and follow the on-screen instructions until you reach the Wi-Fi connection screen. Here, you don’t need to connect to a Wi-Fi network. You can proceed by choosing cellular data or skipping this step, as it’s not necessary for the battery health check.
- App & Data Settings: When prompted, choose whether to restore apps and data from iCloud or set up your device as new. Keep in mind that this decision is unrelated to checking the battery’s health.
- Access Battery Health: Once you’ve gone through the initial setup steps, your iPhone is ready to use without full activation. Now, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health to check the maximum capacity and peak performance capability of your iPhone battery.
Using a Third-Party App
- Download A Battery Health App: Another method to check your iPhone battery health without activating is by using a third-party app. For this step, visit the App Store and download a reputable battery health app such as “Battery Life” or “CoconutBattery.”
- Install And Open The App: After installation, open the app and allow any necessary permissions. These apps offer a more in-depth analysis of your battery, providing details about charging cycles, temperature, and discharge rate.
- Explore Detailed Battery Information: Go through the app to explore the detailed information it provides. You can check for indicators of your battery’s health, including its overall condition and any potential issues.
Are You Looking For Expert Help?
Checking your iPhone battery health without activating is a smart practice, especially if you’ve recently replaced the battery or if your device is temporarily inactive. Understanding the health of your battery from the start allows you to take proactive steps if any issues arise, setting the foundation for a reliable and efficient user experience.
Q1. Are third-party battery health apps reliable?
Reputable apps from the App Store, like “Battery Life” or “CoconutBattery,” can provide reliable insights into your battery’s health.
Q2. What information can I find in the Battery Health section of iOS?
A: The Battery Health section in Settings provides details about the maximum capacity and peak performance capability of your iPhone battery.
Q3. Is it necessary to connect to Wi-Fi for the battery health check?
Connecting to Wi-Fi is not necessary for the initial steps of checking iPhone battery health without activating